Patuxent Dental is doing all we can to keep our patients , staff and families safe! We are taking extra precautions to be able to stay open and provide the same great quality of care! Please take a peek of what we have done to stay in compliance with both the CDC and American Dental Association guidelines.
LOBBY & CHECK IN PROTOCOL.
- In order to ensure all of our patients maintain a proper social distance our lobby is currently closed. We ask that all patients remain in their vehicles and call upon arrival. A patient care coordinator will check you in and our designated runner will bring any paperwork that needs to be updated as well as well a covid 19 questionnaire.
NEW TECHNOLOGIES & OFFICE UPGRADES
- We here at Patuxent Dental take great pride in being St. Mary's County top dental practice which means we also take great pride in providing our patients and staff with top of the line resources to ensure their safety. Some of our newly added innovations include but are not limited to:
- NEW roofing enhancements that allows fresh air to circulate through the building and flush out any air that would normally cycle through the venting system.
- New UV lighting system in the ceiling that kills any bacteria that comes in contact with it.
- NEW ADS extra-oral suctioning machines for every provider. These machines are designed to catch any dental aerosols produced and kill bacteria using a internal UV system.
- NEW Plexiglass barrier for our front staff to maintain a extra level of protection when patients have to check out.
- NEW Social distance stickers to maintain a six feet distance at all times while patients check out.
- NEW PPE protocols. All clinical staff must wear extra levels of personal protection equipments which includes high medical grade, mask, gowns, shields, and gloves that get changed between each patient. Clinical staff is also mandated to wear lab jackets and hair coverings throughout the day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q) What happens if i have no symptoms but my temperature reads high upon my arrival?
- A) If your temperature is high upon the day of your appointment you will be asked to reschedule your appointment 14 days out from the current date or until you are displaying no symptoms. (We recommend getting tested and self quarantine until you receive your results)
- Q) What if i am experiencing some symptoms but don't think i have Covid-19?
- If you you are experiencing any Covid or cold and flu like symptoms please reschedule your appointment for 14 days from the day symptoms arrive or until you are symptom free. (We recommend getting tested and self quarantine until you receive your results)
- Please reschedule if you have :
- Traveled outside of the DMV.
- Have been exposed to Covid-19.
- Are displaying Covid or Flu like symptoms.
- Are caring for someone with Covid-19.
- Are waiting for result for a Covid-19 test.
- Have already tested positive for Covid-19 and have not been cleared to return to regular daily activities that require travel outside of your home.
- Everyone who enters the building must keep a face covering on until prompted by your assistant or provider to do otherwise.
- All staff members keep a mask on throughout the day.
- The front staff sanitizes pens and clipboards between each patient.
- The plexiglass and countertops at the front desk are sanitized every thirty minutes by a team member.
- All of our operatory and hygiene rooms are cleaned with top medical grade products between each patient.
- The office is deep cleaned twice a week. (On top of our daily cleaning that is performed every night)
- All of our staff check their temperatures prior to starting their work day to ensure staff and patient safety.